Garmin.com/express devices use a global positioning system to navigate your vehicle. These devices are most popular in the USA. Now most popular automobile brands use Garmin navigation for their vehicles. You can also buy a separate Garmin device and use it for your vehicle. Garmin is the software tool that updates your Garmin devices. This software is available for Windows and Mac IOS. Furthermore, you can customize your Garmin device with the help of Garmin.
You can change your language as well as animations on your device with the help of Garmin express. These devices are very easy to use and portable. You can carry these devices wherever you want. Garmin updates itself regularly to give precise information. You can easily track new destinations with the help of Garmin devices. Today we will be seeing how to update your Garmin device with the help of Garmin. For updates, first, you need to install Garmin. Let's see step by step process.
The process to install Garmin.com/express:-
- Open any Web browser on your PC or MacBook.
- Then type garmin.com/express in the search box and search it.
- Now you will reach the download page.
- Then scroll down and you will see two different download options there.
- One option is for windows and another one is for Mac iOS.
- Click accordingly to your device platform.
- Then after this, your download will start automatically.
- If the download doesn't start, click on restart the download button on the next screen.
- Now a box will appear at the bottom of your screen, click on the Save button.
- Now you can see the download process in the lower-left corner of your screen.
- After the download is complete, click on the run option.
- Now a box of terms and conditions will appear.
- Then select I agree on terms and conditions and click the install button.
- After the installation is finished, launch the Garmin express.
Connecting and registering your device to Garmin express:-
- After launching the software, click on add a device option.
- After this connect your Garmin device to your PC or MacBook.
- Then you can use a USB cable for that.
- Then plug the smaller end of the USB cable into the Garmin device and the larger end into the USB port of your PC or MacBook.
- Now your device name will appear on your PC or MacBook.
- After this, again click on add device option.
- Now you have to register your device to Garmin.com/express.
- To register, simply you need to give your email address.
- The registration process is optional, you can skip it for now and register whenever you want.
- Now add a nickname to your Garmin device for identification purposes.
- Then select yes and finish the registration process.
Update using Garmin:-
- After the registration, a box will appear on your screen.
- Then click on the check for updates button.
- Now Garmin express will show available updates and estimated time for the update.
- Then you can click the view details option for more information about the updates.
- After this, click on the install all button.
- Now license and agreement box will appear.
- You need to agree with the license and agreement.
- After this, click on the continue option to download the update.
- (Note:- Do not unplug your Garmin device during the whole update process, as it can harm the device.)
- After the software is downloaded, unplug and restart your Garmin device.
- Then after restarting, plug back your Garmin device into your PC or MacBook.
- After plugging back, it will start downloading maps.
- It is the most important download in the whole process.
- Then you may go through 2 or more update cycles according to the update availability.
- After downloading the updates, they will automatically be transferred to your Garmin.com/express device.